Route 8 is a route that connects Lagoona Lake and Rosecove City. Rival Jake meets the player here and joins the player in battles against other trainers, making those fights Double Battles until he leaves at the Rosecove Beach gate. After each trainer battle, he heals the player's Pokémon.
As shown in the photo, there is an old, mysterious well. Click on it, and if the player has an Odd Keystone in their bag, he or she may throw it into the well. Afterwards, the player encounters a wild Spiritomb. The Odd Keystone can be obtained through underwater mining at Lagoona Trenches, but it is one of the rarest treasures there, so players are recommended to save beforehand and turn off Autosave when they are about to throw an Odd Keystone into the well, instead of trying to dig out more Odd Keystones for second chances.
Opposite to Lady Lusine, there is a narrow path that requires HM1 Cut to access. Inside is a secret pond that has a Dawn Stone on the small bridge over the pond that cannot be fished in for now. There is also a mysterious crack in the wall.
2015 Christmas Event
The Christmas Event was located at the end of Route 8. There is a building that sold Hot Chocolate, which has the equivalent effects of Soda Pop and heals 60 HP, for 350 dollars and only during the event. A free Shiny Snover, which was holding the Mega Stone Abomasite, could also be received by helping Mrs. Claus cutting down the trees during the Christmas Event. The event lasted for exactly a week, from 24th December (Christmas Eve) to 31st December, 2015 (New Year's Eve).
Note: Rarity levels are estimations according to this scale and might be subject to changes due to different encounter assessment results, unless supported by official encounter rates, which are listed in red under the rarity level if known. If there are any Pokémon with low catch rates, the possibility to flee or requirement of gaining happiness to evolve, recommended Poké Balls for that Pokémon will be shown with the corresponding bag sprite under the Pokémon's name.
|Grass Patches||Tall Grass||Lv. 13-16|
|Oddish||Common||1 Sp. Atk||None|
|Swablu||Rare||1 Sp. Def||None|
|Click on the Pokémon names to check their learnsets on Bulbapedia. All Pokémon above have been updated to follow their movesets in Pokémon Sun and Moon. Hover on the item sprites to check the exact chance of being held by the Wild Pokémon.|
Warning: Players can only battle the following Pokémon once! Save beforehand and turn off Autosave.
|Requires Odd Keystone|
|Spiritomb||Lv. 15||One Only||1 Def|
1 Sp. Def
|If attempts of catching the above Pokémon failed, immediately leave the game and rejoin without saving, in order to secure a second chance.
Click on the Pokémon names to check their learnsets on Bulbapedia. All Pokémon above have been updated to follow their movesets in Pokémon Sun and Moon. Hover on the item sprites to check the exact chance of being held by the Set Encounter Pokémon.
Only available during the 2015 Christmas Event. Requires HM1 Cut. Players can receive this Pokémon once only.
Note: Trainers marked with a star symbol (*) are available for rematches. After Jake leaves, subsequent rematches become Single Battles instead.
|Bird Keeper Armen ||Pidgeotto||Lv. 23||601||2 Speed||$960|
|Fletchinder||Lv. 23||660||2 Speed|
|Staravia♂||Lv. 24||612||2 Speed|
|Lady Lusine ||Gloom♀||Lv. 22||650||2 Sp. Atk||$1380|
|Ivysaur||Lv. 22||669||1 Sp. Atk|
1 Sp. Def
|Lv. 23||330||1 Speed|
|Venonat||Lv. 23||300||1 Sp. Def|
|Schoolgirl Stacie ||Plusle||Lv. 23||699||1 Speed||$736|
|Minun||Lv. 23||699||1 Speed|
|Herdier||Lv. 23||640||2 Atk|
|Purugly||Lv. 23||778||2 Speed|
|Schoolboy Deven ||Numel♂||Lv. 24||313||1 Sp. Atk||$748|
|Combusken♂||Lv. 23||699||1 Atk|
1 Sp. Atk
|Heatmor||Lv. 22||796||2 Sp. Atk|
|Torkoal||Lv. 22||777||2 Def|
|Lumberjack Benson ||Bibarel♂ ×2||Lv. 23||709 ×2||2 Atk|
|Lv. 24||848||1 Speed|
|Herdier||Lv. 24||668||2 Atk|
|Gentleman Nolan *|
Physical Attack Hotspot
|Gible♂||Lv. 22||282||1 Atk||$1656|
|Herdier||Lv. 23||640||2 Atk|
|Growlithe||Lv. 22||330||1 Atk|
|Weepinbell||Lv. 23||675||2 Atk|
|Delcatty||Lv. 23||655||1 HP|
|Hiker Anson *|
Physical Defense Hotspot
|Lv. 24||704 ×2||2 Def|
|Rhyhorn♂||Lv. 25||369||1 Def|
|Onix||Lv. 24||396||1 Def|
|Black Belt Gresham ||Machoke ×2||Lv. 24||730 ×2||2 Atk|
|Hitmonchan||Lv. 25||851||2 Sp. Def|
|Monferno||Lv. 25||760||1 Sp. Atk|
|Some of the rewards, Pokémon Levels and EXP Points in the above matches have been modified during certain updates. Please check the trivia section for details.|
Note: The following trainer can only be fought in Single Battle because Jake has already left by the time player reaches this trainer.
|Artist Stan ||Smeargle||Lv. 27||509||1 Speed||$432
|There was no change to the above matches between any of the updates.|
|Ultra Ball||Deep in a gap separated by a line of trees behind Lumberjack Benson.|
|Abomasite||Held by the Shiny Snover received after completing 2015 Christmas Event. (Event ended)|
|Hot Chocolate||Purchase inside a house around the end of this route. 350 dollars for a cup. (Event ended)|
|Requires HM1 Cut|
|Dawn Stone||On a small bridge above a secret pond opposite to Lady Lusine.|
|Near the end of this route, in a small area surrounded by trees.|
|Some of the items have been added during certain updates, or are event-only. Please check the corresponding section for details.|
- Buneary is widely known as the hardest-to-evolve Pokémon that requires happiness to evolve because its base happiness is 0.
- All wild Buneary found on this route are at Lv. 13 or above, so they all know Frustration, which is very powerful when the user's happiness is low.
- It is recommended to catch Buneary with the Luxury Ball found on Route 10 to speed up the process of gaining happiness.
- The Hot Chocolate heals more than a bottle of scientifically made Super Potion, yet it costs half the price of the Super Potion. However, it is slightly more expensive than Soda Pop (which has the same effect and costs 300 dollars) in core series games prior to Pokémon Sun and Moon.
- All of Gentleman Nolan's Pokémon give Physical Attack Effort Values except for his Delcatty (which gives 1 HP Effort Value and 1 Speed Effort Value), making him a hotspot for training the Physical Attack stat of player's Pokémon.
- Even though Worker Deven in Cragonos Mines took over the best spot for training Physical Attack until his disappearance, many players still find Nolan for rematch due to the amount of money he gives when defeated.
- Unfortunately, Anthian City update drastically reduced the money reward from Gentleman Nolan, as he now awards 1656 dollars, far less than 2760 dollars that he offered before.
- For players who completed the Anthian City storyline and accessed Route 11, Rising Star Darren is a far better hotspot than Gentleman Nolan, as he offers the same amount of money as Nolan did before, in addition to providing only Physical Attack EVs.
- Hiker Anson is currently one of the best places to train for Physical Defense, with his Pokémon giving a total of 6 Defense Effort Values, tying with Hiker Jackson on Cragonos Cliffs.
- Players should be wary of the powerful attack Self-Destruct.
|Towns||Mitis Town • Cheshma Town • Lagoona Lake (Trenches) • Port Decca|
|Cities||Silvent City • Brimber City • Rosecove City (Beach) • Anthian City (Housing Dist. • Shopping Dist. • Battle Dist. • Park • Sewer) • Aredia City (Old Aredia • Aredia Ruins) • Fluoruma City • Frostveil City (Catacombs)|
|Routes||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13 • 14 • 15 • 16|
| Caves &|
|Glistening Grotto • Mt. Igneus (Igneus Depths) • Mt. Cragonos (Mines • Cliffs • Peak • Sanctuary • Chamber of the Jewel) • Desert Catacombs • Nature's Den • Calcite Chamber • Martensite Chamber • Dendrite Chamber • Titans' Throng|
|Gale Forest • Old Graveyard • Grove of Dreams • Fortulose Manor • Fortulose Manor • Cosmeos Valley • Lost Islands|