Route 15 is a snowy and rugged route on top of eastern Mt. Cragonos Range. This route can be divided into three parts, the first part being a rapidly ascending path with snow piles littered between staircases starting from the cavern exit of Route 14. The second part is a frozen lake with a number of holes for players to fish. The final part is a passage with piles of deep snow, linking to Frostveil City.
Encountering the Eon Duo
Shortly after exiting the Route 14 cavern, the "Eon Duo" Latios and Latias are seen flying over the cliffs, disappearing into the sky. Afterwards, a message appears to indicate that both of them have started roaming around Roria. Some citizens in Frostveil City noticed the Eon Duo flying by as well.
After ascending through the staircases, a frozen lake can be seen with frozen waterfalls on both sides of the lake and a couple of tents lying around. TM7 Hail is in the red tent. A fisherman has drilled some holes for other people to fish, knowing that some wild Pokémon live beneath the ice. Inside the upper frozen waterfall to the left, the former HM5 Waterfall — downgraded to TM102 in this game, can be picked up in a hidden room, marking the first time in Pokémon World that the move Waterfall arrives before Surf.
An Ice Rock is on the other side of this frozen lake, enabling Eevee to evolve into Glaceon upon levelling up in the snow piles around it. To the right is a house with a few coloured jars inside, seemingly related to a puzzle later on. Below the lower frozen waterfall near that house, a signboard pointing further downwards is seen with "Route 217" written on it, possibly referencing Sinnoh Route 217, which is another snowy route, but situated on a much lower ground and has much worse conditions with constant blizzards.
Entrance of Dendrite Chamber
A fork splits the passage before the end of this route, with the left leading to Frostveil City and the right leading to Dendrite Chamber. Mountaineer Mia is hiding in this passage, waiting to ambush players. After defeating her, a wall with Legendary Pokémon Regice's eye pattern can be seen, but the player must finish the puzzles in Frostveil Catacombs before the chamber door will open.
Note: Rarity levels are estimations according to this scale and might be subject to changes due to different encounter assessment results, unless supported by official encounter rates, which are listed in red under the rarity level if known. If there are any Pokémon with low catch rates, the possibility to flee or requirement of gaining happiness to evolve, recommended Poké Balls for that Pokémon will be shown with the corresponding bag sprite under the Pokémon's name.
|Walking||Snow Piles||Lv. 34-38|
|Vanillite||Uncommon||1 Sp. Atk|
|Fishing||Old Rod||Lv. 10|
|Seel||Rare||None||1 Sp. Def|
1/70 (Appr. 1.43%)
|Fishing||Good Rod||Lv. 20|
|Seel||Uncommon||None||1 Sp. Def|
|Click on the Pokémon names to check their learnsets on Bulbapedia. All Pokémon above have been updated to follow their movesets in Pokémon Sun and Moon. Hover on the item sprites to check the exact chance of being held by the Wild Pokémon.|
Note: Trainers marked with a star symbol (*) are available for rematches.
|Mountaineer Zach ||Snorunt||Lv. 55||707||1 HP||$1792|
|Swinub||Lv. 55||589||1 Atk|
|Piloswine♂||Lv. 56||1896||1 HP|
|Mountaineer Tawnya *|
|Snorunt||Lv. 55||707||1 HP||$1792|
|Piloswine♀||Lv. 55||1862||1 HP|
|Glalie||Lv. 56||2016||2 HP|
|Adventurer Tanner *|
EXP and Physical Attack Hotspot
|Toxicroak♂||Lv. 55||2027||2 Atk||$880|
|Carnivine||Lv. 55||1873||2 Atk|
|Beedrill||Lv. 55||2038||2 Atk|
1 Sp. Def
|Rising Star Darren ||Crawdaunt||Lv. 56||1968||2 Atk||$3360|
|Clawitzer||Lv. 56||1200||2 Sp. Atk|
|Mountaineer Mia ||Mamoswine♀||Lv. 57||2919||3 Atk||$1824
|There was no change to the above matches between any of the updates.|
|Never-Melt Ice||Behind the first cabin on this route, after ascending all staircases and just before entering the frozen lake.|
|In a red tent near the frozen lake.|
|Inside the frozen waterfall.|
|There was no change to the above items between any of the updates.|
- Battling Mountaineer Tawnya is a great way to train HP as she offers 4 HP EV's although Attack Reset is required to remove the Physical Attack EV's if they are unwanted.
- Adventurer Tanner is a new EXP and Physical Attack training spot, awarding more than 5800 EXP, as well as 6 Physical Attack EVs, on par with Gentleman Nolan on Route 8 and giving 1 more than Rising Star Darren on Route 11.
- However, an unnecessary Special Defense EV is attached, while the total amount of EXP is still lower than that from Punk Guy Nathaniel on the previous route, making Tanner only the second best trainer on EXP grinding.
- Rising Star Darren has exactly the same name and Trainer Class with a trainer on Route 11, but rewards a significantly higher amount of money. He does not seem to recognize the player, though.
- Unfortunately, Darren on this route is not available for rematches, thus unable to replace his "twin" on Route 11 to be the new money hotspot.
- This is due to a mistake of the developers not keeping track of what names they have used for the trainers, rather than an intention of having Darren as a recurring trainer like Interviewers Gabby and Ty from Hoenn in Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.
- Crawbrawler evolves into Crabominable when levelled up here, similar to how it evolves on the icy Mt. Lanakila, Alola in Pokémon Sun and Moon.
|Towns||Mitis Town • Cheshma Town • Lagoona Lake (Trenches) • Port Decca|
|Cities||Silvent City • Brimber City • Rosecove City (Beach) • Anthian City (Housing Dist. • Shopping Dist. • Battle Dist. • Park • Sewer) • Aredia City (Old Aredia • Aredia Ruins) • Fluoruma City • Frostveil City (Catacombs)|
|Routes||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13 • 14 • 15 • 16|
| Caves &|
|Glistening Grotto • Steam Chamber • Mt. Igneus (Igneus Depths) • Path of Truth • Silver Cove • Mt. Cragonos (Mines • Cliffs • Peak • Sanctuary • Spring • Chamber of the Jewel) • Desert Catacombs • Nature's Den • Calcite Chamber • Martensite Chamber • Dendrite Chamber • Titans' Throng • Freezing Fissure|
|Islands||Lost Islands (Deep Jungle)|
|Gale Forest • Old Graveyard • Secret Grove • Grove of Dreams • Fortulose Manor • Cosmeos Valley (Observatory) • Tinbell Tower (Construction Site) • Secret Lab|