Frostveil City is a city built on the peaks of the eastern part of Mt. Cragonos, between Routes 15 and 16. It is built so high up in the mountains that it is on a higher altitude than Anthian City — in fact, this city is the highest point of Roria. The seventh Gym is located here, in addition to some strange secrets that lurk beneath the city.
The Frostveil Gym is located at the opposite end of the city. The Gym is a 2D platformer that turns everything into black and white, including sprites and avatars. Even when in battles, all move animations and the Pokémon themselves are black against a stark white background. It is also one of the few places that players are allowed to jump in. Players must traverse through the maze of platforms in order to encounter the Gym Trainers and eventually the Gym Leader himself.
Entrance to Frostveil Catacombs
To the left of Frostveil Gym, there is a small gap in the walls where players can climb down using a Pokémon with HM8 Rock Climb. From there, they can access the Frostveil Catacombs and the secrets laid within it.
Hidden Power Checker
A resident inside a house opposite to Pokémon Centre below the staircase can check the type of Hidden Power for the player's Pokémon on hand. Previously he talked about something insignificant and random, but from Version 0.13.4 update onwards, he has become the Hidden Power Checker. The move Hidden Power is a unique attack such that each Pokémon is born to wield a different type of this move. The attack is available as TM10, which is also found in this city.
4th Rival Battle
Rival Tess is waiting for the player in front of Route 16 gate, blocking it in the process such that players cannot pass through until the missions are all completed. Once the player acquires the Contrast Badge, she will request another battle against the player for the first time since on Route 9. It has been long after the previous match, so the player is warned that her party is now fully evolved and significantly stronger than before, with 2 entirely new Pokémon in her roster.
|Silhouette Devon ||Liepard ×2||Lv. 68||2273 ×2||2 Speed each||$1632|
|Scrafty||Lv. 68||2491||1 Def|
1 Sp. Def
|Silhouette Adam ||Mightyena ×3||Lv. 68||2142 ×3||2 Atk|
|Silhouette Rubin ||Mandibuzz||Lv. 68||2608||2 Sp. Atk||$1632|
|Skuntank||Lv. 68||2448||2 HP|
|Sableye||Lv. 68||1938||1 Atk|
|Gym Leader Zeek ||Honchkrow||Lv. 72||2730||2 Atk||$11840|
|Krookodile||Lv. 72||3533||3 Atk|
|Bisharp||Lv. 72||2653||2 Atk|
|Umbreon||Lv. 73||2878||2 Sp. Def|
|Pangoro||Lv. 73||2706||2 Atk|
|Lv. 74||2775||2 Sp. Atk|
|Some of the rewards, Pokémon Levels and EXP Points in the above matches have been modified during certain updates. Please check the trivia section for details.|
|Requires Contrast Badge|
|Rival Tess ||Garchomp♂||Lv. 68||3934||3 Atk||$2100|
|Salamence||Lv. 69||3992||3 Atk|
|Haxorus||Lv. 69||3592||3 Atk|
|Druddigon||Lv. 68||2477||2 Atk|
|Altaria||Lv. 70||2580||2 Sp. Def|
|There was no change to the above matches between any of the updates.|
|In a small concealed basement under a stand below the fence outside Frostveil Gym.|
|Rare Candy||In an alley behind the Pokémon Centre.|
|Contrast Badge||Given by Gym Leader Zeek upon victory.|
|Some of the items have been added during certain updates, or are event-only. Please check the corresponding section for details.|
- Frostveil is the combination of Frost (coating or deposit of ice that may form in humid air in cold conditions) and veil (a thing that conceals, disguises, or obscures something).
- The name resembles Veilstone City, Sinnoh and Driftveil City, Unova in the main series games.
- Frostveil City has the highest altitude for any cities in the Pokémon World.
- Despite being higher than Anthian City which flies above the clouds, Frostveil City is naturally always snowy.
- Gym Leader Zeek is based on Zeekerss, who is well-known for interesting side scroller platformers like Contrast, Doodle and A Lucid Dream.
- When the Silhouettes and Leader Zeek fade out of the view after their first Pokémon are sent out, it is shown that they have cat faces.
- The black floating pieces in Frostveil Gym, when viewed at the right angle, read "WAKE UP" and "THE SHADOWS DON'T SLEEP".
- TM10 Hidden Power was added in the Version 0.13.4 update on 7th June, 2017.
- The Pokémon Centre located here is the fifth separate Pokémon Centre to receive a unique design, with the other four being in Brimber City, Anthian City - Battle District, Aredia City, and Fluoruma City.
|Towns||Mitis Town • Cheshma Town • Lagoona Lake (Trenches) • Port Decca|
|Cities||Silvent City • Brimber City • Rosecove City (Beach) • Anthian City (Housing Dist. • Shopping Dist. • Battle Dist. • Park • Sewer) • Aredia City (Old Aredia • Aredia Ruins) • Fluoruma City • Frostveil City (Catacombs)|
|Routes||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13 • 14 • 15 • 16|
| Caves &|
|Glistening Grotto • Steam Chamber • Mt. Igneus (Igneus Depths) • Path of Truth • Silver Cove • Mt. Cragonos (Mines • Cliffs • Peak • Sanctuary • Spring • Chamber of the Jewel) • Desert Catacombs • Nature's Den • Calcite Chamber • Martensite Chamber • Dendrite Chamber • Titans' Throng • Freezing Fissure|
|Islands||Lost Islands (Deep Jungle)|
|Gale Forest • Old Graveyard • Secret Grove • Grove of Dreams • Fortulose Manor • Cosmeos Valley (Observatory) • Tinbell Tower (Construction Site) • Secret Lab|